To-Do List for 2021
This past year (and then some) has left its mark on the world, and while 2020 was something we never could have anticipated, it made me appreciate everything I already have.
While we cannot change everything we would like, we remain in control of ourselves and how we interact with others. Here are some ideas for ways to do this.
- Appreciate more. Live life every day and appreciate of all the good we have around us.
- Waste less. As the song goes, the sun will come out tomorrow. Unfortunately, though, that’s not a guarantee. Last year proved that, but we are on our way. Try not to waste any day, any moment, or any amount of energy in the time we have remaining.
- Carpe diem. Live each day as if you’re Tom Brady and it’s the Super Bowl.
- Connect more. Overcome the limitations of the face mask; let someone see the smile in your eyes as you greet them.
- Own less. Quarantines and lockdowns prompted many of us to do a thorough house cleaning and reorganization. Along the way, you probably stumbled on some possessions that made you think, “Why did I buy this?”
- Complain less. It’s hard not to complain when we are surrounded by madness, but it’s good to remember that while we may be in different boats, we are navigating through the same waters. A storm affects all of us.
- Encourage more. Sometimes we all just need to hear the words “good job” or “thank you.” By the way, thank you for reading this far!
- Love more. To quote another song, “Love makes the world go ‘round.” So love your spouse, love your kids, love your friends, love your coworkers and love your neighbors.
Remember, it’s easy to focus on unpleasant things that upset us. Try to balance that out by focusing on what’s right and good.
Director of Distribution