System 2000 – A Different Kind of Boiler
When it comes to comparing boilers, one measure you’ll hear a lot about is AFUE, or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency rating. Think of AFUE as you would MPG for your car – the higher the number, the more efficiently your boiler runs.
The problem is that calculating boiler efficiency in real world conditions is much more complicated than simply measuring AFUE performance. To understand true boiler efficiency, you need to consider other factors; we’ll explore those factors in this week’s blog.
Boiler efficiency in the real world
Did you know that you could spend as much as $800 a year more on boiler fuel than a neighbor whose boiler has a nearly identical AFUE rating?
That’s possible because AFUE only measures energy lost to the chimney – which means it doesn’t take into account such factors as:
- Jacket loss – Heat lost when it escapes your boiler as it sits in the cold basement.
- Idle loss – Conventional boilers often run day and night to keep hot water available – even if it isn’t needed.
- Loss from draft regulators – Draft regulators draw in cold outside air through windows and doors, which means your boiler has to work harder to maintain temperatures.
- Heating load mismatch – If your boiler isn’t sized for your space, it will overwork and run less efficiently than its spec suggests.
- Insufficient maintenance – Your boiler will lose 5-10 percent or more of its performance every year without proper maintenance.
These inefficiencies – along with poor maintenance and improper installation – can really pad your bill. But there is a way to minimize or even eliminate these problems.
System 2000 – A different kind of boiler
Ace-Robbins features a unique boiler solution for your home – the Energy Kinetics System 2000®, which combines boiler and water heater functions to maximize efficiency in all seasons.
The unique design of the System 2000 significantly reduces or eliminates chimney, jacket, idle, and draft regulator loss, cutting your bills by hundreds of dollars every year. The System 2000 also heats water up six times faster than most water heaters.
A System 2000 boiler – sized, installed, and serviced by an expert Ace-Robbins technician – is an investment in your home comfort that will pay for your family for years to come.
Contact Ace-Robbins today for a FREE estimate on a System 2000 for your Northeastern Pennsylvania home!