Six Home Comfort Resolutions for 2019
Written on: January 7, 2019
It’s hard to believe, but 2019 is here – and that means it’s time to make some New Year’s Resolutions. Why not make a few that will relieve stress and make your Pennsylvania home more comfortable?
Here are six promises to make and keep that will save you money, keep you cozy and help you get more peace of mind in 2019:
- Change your air filters – One of the best things you can do to keep your furnace or air conditioner running efficiently and reliably is also the simplest: check your air filters regularly. Give them a look at least once a month, or even more frequently in the height of the summer and winter when your equipment is running almost constantly. A clogged filter will cost you twice – first by raising your energy bills, and second by wearing out your equipment prematurely.
- Install / learn to use a programmable thermostat – Another easy way to save money on energy bills? Lower the temperature in your home when you’re asleep or out of the house. Drop temperatures by eight degrees for eight hours a day and you will cut your bills by 10 percent or more. The easiest way to do that? Get (and use) a programmable thermostat – it will pay for itself in the first year you own it.
- Make life EZ-ier – Stressed by the ups and downs of winter heating bills? Sign up for EZ Pay and stretch those payments out over the course of a year. You will get the same bill every month no matter how much heating oil or propane you use, which means no more holiday season sticker shock surprises in your mailbox.
- Stay on top of equipment maintenance – Want your home heating and cooling equipment to run better for longer? Never miss an annual tune-up. Better yet, get two – one in the spring and one in the fall. Tune-ups pay for themselves by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Go for an Ace-Robbins Service Plan.
- Make smart upgrades – A time will come when replacing your heating or cooling system makes more sense than waiting around for it to fall apart on its own. Upgrading to new high efficiency equipment will often pay for itself in just a few years, and provide more comfort and peace of mind along the way.
- Treat yourself – Sometimes you just need to splurge – say, with a new one-click propane fireplace or upgraded kitchen appliances. Or maybe you want to heat your pool or install a propane-powered outdoor kitchen. Whatever you imagine, put it into action in 2019.
Start 2019 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert service and equipment upgrades from Ace-Robbins. Contact us today to learn about equipment upgrades for your Pennsylvania home!