Preparing Your Home For Colder Weather
Written on: October 15, 2020
Don’t let the extended summer temperatures fool you – cold nights are on their way to PA! Here are five things you can do to prepare your Wyoming County home as the mercury drops – and save a few bucks along the way.
Winter Home Efficiency Checklist
- Weatherize – If you’re not sealing leaks around your house, more than 20 percent of the air you paid to heat could be going out the window (or the door, or attic walls…you get the picture). For less than $50 worth of materials, you could save you hundreds of dollars in heating bills this fall and winter.
- Consider adding insulation, especially in your attic – Insulation is one of the best bang-for-the-buck investments you can make in your home from an energy efficiency standpoint. Most homeowners under-apply insulation, especially in their attic – are you one of them?
- Sign up for an Ace-Robbins Service Plan – Investing in a high-value Ace-Robbins Service Plan that covers your routine heating system maintenance will pay off now (with lower energy bills and greater comfort) and later (with fewer heating repairs and longer lasting equipment). Professional heating service may even be a requirement for your warranty coverage, so make sure you do it!
- Sign up for Automatic Delivery – Running out of heating oil or propane isn’t fun – but you can significantly reduce the chance of that happening by signing up for FREE Automatic Fuel Delivery from Ace-Robbins. Want to eliminate the chance of fuel run-outs altogether? Sign up for tank monitoring service; for a nominal fee, we’ll know exactly how much fuel is in your tank at all times, so we can schedule a delivery when you need it.
- Consider replacing your older heating system – Upgrading to a new, high-efficiency furnace or boiler could save you 30 percent or more on your monthly heating bill; with that kind of savings, the new equipment could pay for itself in as little as three years.
Contact Ace-Robbins today and get ready for this heating season with Service Plans, automatic fuel delivery and more!